Our 2016 Fall Scholastic Book Fair is coming up soon! It will be the week of September 26th-30th. This is a fun activity and we hope you’ll consider helping if you have time. Please find more information and the link to sign up to help at the page below.
Scholastic Book Fair
The Hawthorne PTO would like to extend a warm welcome to the new school year to all our Mustang families and teachers and staff! Thank you to everyone who took the time to stop at our table and pay your membership and fill out the directory form. If you missed it, there will be other opportunities to do that. Just a few points to note:
- If you do not wish to receive emails from us, or are no longer at Hawthorne, you may click the button at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe.
- Please check out the many ways to become involved and fill out a simple form to express interest: http://www.hawthorneschool.org/volunteer-opportunities/job-descriptions/
- We have an interactive calendar on our website that you can sync to your device or computer so you need never miss an important date! http://www.hawthorneschool.org/about-us/2016-2017-calendar/
Let’s make this a great year!
Jenny Lin, PTO President
On behalf of the whole PTO team
Back to School packets should be arriving any day. Here is our PTO flyer that is included, including lots of key dates! We look forward to seeing you on August 8th!
Hello families! It’s hard to believe we are only a few weeks away from Back to School day! Your PTO has stayed busy through the summer planning a great year! You will receive a packet in a couple weeks with lots of helpful details. A few key pieces of information to help you plan:
- Back to School day is Monday, August 8 from 10-1 and 4-6. We will have PTO sign ups/membership, Spirit Wear samples and school supplies for sale (either as a kit or item by item).
- The School Supply list can be found by clicking here. If you cannot afford them, please call Westerville Caring and Sharing for assistance at 614-470-4320. If you can afford to help others, please see two ways you can support this effort here:
- Download our interactive calendar to your device at http://www.hawthorneschool.org/about-us/2016-2017-calendar/. Never miss an important date!
- Finally, just a special note to Save the Date for our Back to School Picnic on Sept. 24 at 11 at Alum Creek Park North at 221 W. Main Street in Westerville!
Can’t wait to see everyone in August!
The PTO Team
Happy summer, everyone! Are there any families that would be interested in walking in the Westerville 4th of July parade with the schools? It would be fun if we had a small group representing Hawthorne and especially older kids should be able to tolerate the talk. If anyone is interested, let us know by Friday, the 10th and I will share the details when I know more. Email email@example.com. Thanks!
We hope all our families and teachers and staff have a great summer! We at the Hawthorne PTO want to say thank you to everyone who supported our school in whatever way they could. Please stay tuned to your email and/or Facebook to keep up with our plans for next year as they develop!
If you will no longer be at Hawthorne, we wish you and yours well! You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
Thanks again and hope to see a lot of you in the fall!
–Jenny Lin, Hawthorne PTO President
Please come join the last PTO meeting of the school year on Wednesday at 7pm in the Media Center. We will introduce next year’s board members, talk about next year and just enjoy being together formally for the last time this year! See you then!
Do you support us (or anyone) with Kroger Community Rewards? Kroger is requiring everyone to log in to their account and update it. Go to your Kroger account and at the bottom of the page, click to select who you support with Community Rewards.
Don’t forget if you shop at Amazon, the start with a Smile! Go to smile.amazon.com and select Hawthorne Elementary PTO.
You can find more details and instructions on how to support us with shopping rewards at: http://www.hawthorneschool.org/shopping-rewards/
Please remember to send in something sweet for “My Sweet Teacher” today! And don’t forget specials and other teachers and staff!
Tomorrow is “Thank You, Teacher”! Have your students get or make a card (with your assistance for the younger ones- and feel free to write your own!) or letter and write a few things they are thankful for for their teachers! Again, try to remember other teachers and staff you are thankful for!
Thank you to all our bakers and raffle donors! If you have something to contribute, please drop them off anytime today (Friday, the 29th) at the school office, or Saturday morning before the fair starts at 10. Thank you!