We are looking forward to seeing a lot of students and their special someones on Thursday morning from 8-845! We are expecting a large crowd, so please note that additional parking is available on the playground in the rear of the school. When you have finished enjoying the treats, please go down to the atrium outside the library to check out our Scholastic Book Fair.
Don’t forget Thursday is also early release. Students will be dismissed at 2:30.
Please also mark your calendars to make sure to pick up your fundraiser orders on Monday, October 3, from 3:30-6. Thank you for your support!
There’s a lot going on! Please note the following info/upcoming dates:
- Picture Day is this Friday the 23rd. If your student did not bring an envelope home, please ask the office, or have the student ask the office or teacher for one.
- Our Back to School Picnic is Saturday from 11-1! Bring some food, we’ll have some drinks! At Alum Park Creek North in Westerville at 221 W. Main Street.
- Our Scholastic Book Fair starts Monday! Please consider helping a shift if you can. You can sign up at the link. Also, if your employer offers charity days, we are a 501c3! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b0Q8ACtoKqPYqZrxmAwOrN_GkkzC3ah9UeSgx3isbME/edit?usp=sharing
- Our first Kids Invite Someone Special (KISS) is next Thursday the 29th. Students may invite one special adult to share donuts and muffins. If you can help or donate, please return the form or complete it online at: http://www.hawthorneschool.org/rsvp-for-k-i-s-s/
- Fundraiser pick-up is Monday, October 3 from 3:30-6.
- Finally, we are still looking for some Room Parents. This mainly involves connecting classroom families and sharing information and building community. It does not require being in the classroom unless you and the teacher arrange that. If you can help, please let us know by reply email.
The PTO will hold its first meeting of the year on Wednesday, September 14th at 7pm in the cafeteria. We are excited to meet new people and see old friends and talk about what we are up to!
Some highlights: We will have a Leapfrog system to raffle for our families with younger students. Will hear about an exciting new club the school will have this year! We will talk about some fun events we have coming up and new events we are planning.
We need you to be part! Come join us!
We hope everyone’s had a great Labor Day Weekend! Just a couple reminders:
- Fundraiser orders are due when students return to school tomorrow: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6! Please also make note of the pick up date and time: Monday, October 3 from 3:30-6:00.
- Curriculum night for grades K-2 is TUESDAY evening. Each session is half an hour, in the classroom, and the times are staggered as follows.
KG: 5:30-6:00 PM
1st: 6:00-6:30 PM
2nd: 6:30-7:00 PM
Curriculum Night for 3rd through 5th graders is on Thursday, September 1. Parents will meet in their students’ classroom for half and hour for a brief presentation and discussion with the teacher on learning objectives, classroom procedures and parent and student resources, among other things. This is a great opportunity to interact with the teacher, other families and get a feel for your student’s classroom experience.
Times are according to grade level:
5:30: 3rd grade
6:00: 4th grade
6:30: 5th grade
Additionally, school staff will be available to help complete school forms for those who still need to do that. And PTO will have volunteer and directory forms available as well. As a reminder, those can also be completed online at the links below. We strongly urge you to consider becoming a room parent and helping us build community at the classroom level!
Our 2016 Fall Scholastic Book Fair is coming up soon! It will be the week of September 26th-30th. This is a fun activity and we hope you’ll consider helping if you have time. Please find more information and the link to sign up to help at the page below.
Scholastic Book Fair
The Hawthorne PTO would like to extend a warm welcome to the new school year to all our Mustang families and teachers and staff! Thank you to everyone who took the time to stop at our table and pay your membership and fill out the directory form. If you missed it, there will be other opportunities to do that. Just a few points to note:
- If you do not wish to receive emails from us, or are no longer at Hawthorne, you may click the button at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe.
- Please check out the many ways to become involved and fill out a simple form to express interest: http://www.hawthorneschool.org/volunteer-opportunities/job-descriptions/
- We have an interactive calendar on our website that you can sync to your device or computer so you need never miss an important date! http://www.hawthorneschool.org/about-us/2016-2017-calendar/
Let’s make this a great year!
Jenny Lin, PTO President
On behalf of the whole PTO team
Back to School packets should be arriving any day. Here is our PTO flyer that is included, including lots of key dates! We look forward to seeing you on August 8th!
Hello families! It’s hard to believe we are only a few weeks away from Back to School day! Your PTO has stayed busy through the summer planning a great year! You will receive a packet in a couple weeks with lots of helpful details. A few key pieces of information to help you plan:
- Back to School day is Monday, August 8 from 10-1 and 4-6. We will have PTO sign ups/membership, Spirit Wear samples and school supplies for sale (either as a kit or item by item).
- The School Supply list can be found by clicking here. If you cannot afford them, please call Westerville Caring and Sharing for assistance at 614-470-4320. If you can afford to help others, please see two ways you can support this effort here:
- Download our interactive calendar to your device at http://www.hawthorneschool.org/about-us/2016-2017-calendar/. Never miss an important date!
- Finally, just a special note to Save the Date for our Back to School Picnic on Sept. 24 at 11 at Alum Creek Park North at 221 W. Main Street in Westerville!
Can’t wait to see everyone in August!
The PTO Team
Happy summer, everyone! Are there any families that would be interested in walking in the Westerville 4th of July parade with the schools? It would be fun if we had a small group representing Hawthorne and especially older kids should be able to tolerate the talk. If anyone is interested, let us know by Friday, the 10th and I will share the details when I know more. Email email@example.com. Thanks!