Please note that there is no school this Friday, the 21st, and there is also no school next Thursday and Friday the 27th and 28th due to Parent Teacher Conferences. These are being scheduled throughout the week, so please check with your student’s teacher for sign up times if you have not yet signed up.
Also remember our calendar is available online and can be downloaded to your devices, and we try our best to keep it up to date! http://www.hawthorneschool.org/about-us/2016-2017-calendar/
If you are looking for something to do with the family between October 21-30, please visit deMonye’s Greenhouse and either show the flyer that was sent home or just mention Hawthorne when buying tickets to the Haunted Greenhouse and/or making purchases. See attached flyer.
Please remember to turn in your order forms by Thursday if you are ordering spirit wear! We are looking forward to seeing some school spirit! See below/attached images of the order form and a picture of what the items look like.
Also, please don’t forget to come out on Wednesday for our first Skate Zone party of the year! From 6:30-8:30 at 4900 Evanswood Dr, Columbus, Ohio 43229. See flyer attached.
The Hawthorne PTO has voted to endorse Issue 59 on the November ballot. A “yes” vote means the continuation of an emergency levy that can help ensure the financial health of the Westerville City Schools for many years to come. There will be no additional taxes! We encourage you to read more about it and request a yard sign at: ocoswesterville.org
Please come out to our monthly meeting on Wednesday the 12th at 7pm. We have a lot on our agenda! We’ll be talking about a spring International Festival. We’ll have a guest talking about the school levy renewal, Issue 59. And a whole lot more. Please join us! You can see our last month’s meeting and this month’s agenda here:
If you were unable to pick up your fundraiser orders, the coordinator will be at the school from 5:30-6:30 on Thursday. Please make sure to pick up during this time and help us spread the word. Thank you.
Please remember to make arrangements to pick up your fundraiser orders on Monday, October 3, from 3:30-6. Please note we cannot store frozen items that are not picked up.
Thank you to everyone who supported us through this sale!
We are looking forward to seeing a lot of students and their special someones on Thursday morning from 8-845! We are expecting a large crowd, so please note that additional parking is available on the playground in the rear of the school. When you have finished enjoying the treats, please go down to the atrium outside the library to check out our Scholastic Book Fair.
Don’t forget Thursday is also early release. Students will be dismissed at 2:30.
Please also mark your calendars to make sure to pick up your fundraiser orders on Monday, October 3, from 3:30-6. Thank you for your support!
There’s a lot going on! Please note the following info/upcoming dates:
- Picture Day is this Friday the 23rd. If your student did not bring an envelope home, please ask the office, or have the student ask the office or teacher for one.
- Our Back to School Picnic is Saturday from 11-1! Bring some food, we’ll have some drinks! At Alum Park Creek North in Westerville at 221 W. Main Street.
- Our Scholastic Book Fair starts Monday! Please consider helping a shift if you can. You can sign up at the link. Also, if your employer offers charity days, we are a 501c3! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b0Q8ACtoKqPYqZrxmAwOrN_GkkzC3ah9UeSgx3isbME/edit?usp=sharing
- Our first Kids Invite Someone Special (KISS) is next Thursday the 29th. Students may invite one special adult to share donuts and muffins. If you can help or donate, please return the form or complete it online at: http://www.hawthorneschool.org/rsvp-for-k-i-s-s/
- Fundraiser pick-up is Monday, October 3 from 3:30-6.
- Finally, we are still looking for some Room Parents. This mainly involves connecting classroom families and sharing information and building community. It does not require being in the classroom unless you and the teacher arrange that. If you can help, please let us know by reply email.
The PTO will hold its first meeting of the year on Wednesday, September 14th at 7pm in the cafeteria. We are excited to meet new people and see old friends and talk about what we are up to!
Some highlights: We will have a Leapfrog system to raffle for our families with younger students. Will hear about an exciting new club the school will have this year! We will talk about some fun events we have coming up and new events we are planning.
We need you to be part! Come join us!
We hope everyone’s had a great Labor Day Weekend! Just a couple reminders:
- Fundraiser orders are due when students return to school tomorrow: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6! Please also make note of the pick up date and time: Monday, October 3 from 3:30-6:00.
- Curriculum night for grades K-2 is TUESDAY evening. Each session is half an hour, in the classroom, and the times are staggered as follows.
KG: 5:30-6:00 PM
1st: 6:00-6:30 PM
2nd: 6:30-7:00 PM